Statistics

Sunday, February 3, 2008

AvenueOfStars - Typography

Ever since I read typography books, I'm intrigue by the mystery behind typography and its powerful connection with design. Your design may be great but if paired with an unsuitable font, consumers may not get the full impact of work.

Above is my interpretation of Junior.

The light blue junior symbolises child and fun. The italic lends a more playful meaning to the word Junior. This is an approach that Playhouse Disney incorporates. The Sr. stands for Senior and its being Times New Roman-ized to create that powerfully silent character. It's a few shades darker than the light blue, to enhance the overall crude yet empowered title.





2 comments:

TeaLady said...

I don't really understand before reading the info but I like the idea. senior! I am better!

Goo Angez said...

AHHAA.

i am impressed. and yes, the italics do help make it more fun.